Feeling a bit flat – back to work blues?
Ahhhh, the lead-up to the Christmas break is stressful but exciting as you get closer to a well-deserved break and refresh that is so desperately needed.
Then you have some fun holiday time eating, drinking and having fun, all on a stress-free timeframe. You are relaxed, carefree and full of enthusiasm for what the new year will hold for you, how it will be better, that you deserve everything, and that life will be happier and more exciting!
A few days back at work and it feels like nothing has changed. You still feel enthused and optimistic but it’s starting to wane a little and thoughts of negativity are sneaking in. You may feel you are back on the same treadmill … Ahhhhhhhh… Does any of this seem familiar???
You may have a dose of the back to work blues!! And guess what? It is perfectly normal!!
So here are some quick tips on overcoming the back to work blues…..
Try the following:
- Plan and book in your next holiday… it always feels great when you know when you’ll have your next break. This also helps you focus on what you must achieve by then.
- Make your 2024 intention plan and what you want to achieve this year, your aims, goals… this is motivational as it reminds you of the positive changes and achievements you want to make in the year and to keep working towards the outcomes. There’s nothing better than feeling in control and motivated to achieve some great things in the different areas of your life. Break it down into 1/4s for short bursts of action and achievements. Have fun with it – don’t make it a chore.
- Make a simple weekly/daily action plan with key theme words for the month to keep you focused and ready to achieve your motivational intentions this year.
- Get back into an exercise regime and create weekly minimums… exercise always boosts the feel good chemicals in our body so get back into it whether it’s the gym or walking on the beach. Just do it!
- At the end of your day, go to the beach, the park, meet friends for a walk and enjoy your connection time. You don’t have to save it just for the weekends.
- Remember the 90/10 rule…10% of your happiness depends on things that happen to you while a huge 90% depends on how you react to life’s daily events. Learn the mental & emotional tools to deal with life’s ups and downs – make a commitment to learning self-leadership and mental fitness with me this year!
- Get out in nature… beaches, bush walks, lying on the grass in the garden, walks in the neighbourhood or big mountain climbs are all great ways to refresh yourself. Nature has a magical way of nurturing us and lifting our mood.
- Hang out with positive people and keep the conversations going about new year new changes, growth, happiness and achievements… having and hanging out with the right tribe, can help you keep moving forward and keep the positive motivational edge.
Remember you don’t have to make decisions about changes in your life just on New Year – you can do it anytime during the year to change and progress the way you do things. That’s the smarter way to build a life that you enjoy and makes you flourish – it will keep evolving and growing all year!
Here’s to 2024 being the change you want it to be and remember to keep focused on your key themes and intentions for the year. 1% weekly growth adds up to being a lot over a year!